School motto: learning for life
We strive to be a school where staff, students and the community are passionate about learning and quality teaching. Our staff have high expectations of all learners and know what to do for every individual and the ways to best support students. Our teachers regularly review evidence and research of best-practice approaches to ensure we are improving student outcomes. Our teachers collaborate and support each other through the challenges they face and learn from each other’s unique experiences and perspectives. We have a deep loyalty to our peers, our students and to the reputation of the school in our community.
2019-2022 strategic plan vision
Hampden students will have the capacity and opportunity to solve real world problems using the Australian Curriculum in innovative and engaging ways. They will work collaboratively to use their understanding and fluency in a range of curriculum areas to create solutions to real life problems. Students will be encouraged to work across curriculum subjects and utilise literacy and numeracy skills, as well as a range of appropriate technologies to communicate and present their solutions to the school community.
- Good positive relationships amongst all stakeholders
- Every child is capable of improvement
- All children deserve a safe, secure, supportive learning environment
- Every child matters
- Frequent and transparent communication
- Everybody needs to feel valued
- Analysis of data is used to inform priorities, programs and practices
- Have high expectations!! - of everyone
- Pride in yourself and others
- Consistency of practice
- Value coaching, mentoring and feedback